Sunday 31 July 2011

"The Forest 5 and some"

Back to mid week racing again and the annual Harriers promoted Forest 5 miler which is acknowledged as being more like six miles including some wicked initially climbing and descending. It was also a three way interclub competition between Macclesfield, Congleton Harriers and Wilmslow Running Club.




The race evening was humid and there was much reliance on the latest wonder potion to keep midges away, Avon Soft Milk! All smelling nice the race started with the usual twenty minute (for me anyway) climb up through the forest where I lost any number of places due to my current lack of stamina. However running off the top dropping to Forest Chapel and the climb across to Shutlingsloe I held my own and over the last couple of miles of descent lost no more places, in fact overtaking four runners in the last 150 minutes with a burst of speed that Sue the coach at the track would be proud of! Results haven't appeared yet but my time of 47.38 reflects how tough it was .


Weekly mileage 25.


Annual mileage (week 30) 757.


Races 17

No comments:

Post a Comment